Special Notices: The Arcadia Township Board will hold a Public Meeting on Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 7pm at the Arcadia Township Hall. The regularly scheduled Public Board meeting will include discussion of the Arcadia Beach Natural Trust Fund Application. The Arcadia Township Board will have a Special meeting on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 7:00pm at the Treasurer’s Office 17390 4th St. The subject of the meeting will be to establish Poverty Guidelines for exemption from property tax contributions and any other important business that may arise. A worksession for the board members regarding the 2014-2015 Budget will follow. Arcadia Township Board of Review will meet Friday, March 7, 2014, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 9;00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Arcadia Township Hall 3422 Lake St to equalize the roll Written protests accepted until the close of meeting. Notice Public Hearing The Arcadia Township Board will hold a public hearing on the proposed township budget for fiscal year 2014-2015 at the Arcadia Township Hall, 3422 Lake Street, on Thursday, March 13, 2014, 7pm. *The property tax millage rate proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget will be a subject of this hearing. A copy of the budget is available for public inspection at Arcadia Township Hall. ARCADIA TOWNSHIP NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING TO: THE RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE TOWNSHIP OF ARCADIA, MANISTEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN, AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED PERSONS: PLEASE TAKE NOTICE the Arcadia Township Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at its regular meeting on March 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Arcadia Township Hall located at 3422 Lake Street within the Township of Arcadia, Manistee County, Michigan. The items to be considered at this public hearing/meeting include the following proposed amendments of the designated sections of the Arcadia Township Zoning Ordinance:
1. Section 2.02 (Definitions) is proposed to be amended to add a reference to the proposed new SP Star-Key Point District in the definition of the term “Residential District”.
2. Section 3.01 (Zoning Districts) is proposed to be amended to add the proposed “SP Star-Key Point District” to the listed zoning districts.
3. Section 4.05 (Accessory Buildings) is proposed to be amended to include the proposed new SP Star-Key Point District in the zoning districts to which subsection (a)(7) applies.
4. Chapter 9 (PA Point Arcadia District) is proposed to be amended to redesignate that entire existing chapter as Chapter 9-A (with corresponding additions of “A” to each existing section number pertaining to the PA Point Arcadia District); and is then further proposed to be amended to add as Chapter 9-B the new content pertaining to the proposed new SP Star-Key Point District, including the intent and purpose, permitted uses, special land uses, area regulations, and additional regulations applicable in the proposed new district.
5. Section 17.02 (Planned Unit Development Authorization) is proposed to be amended to exclude land in the proposed new SP Star-Key Point District from planned unit development approval eligibility.
6. Section 22.09 (Signs in A, RA & Residential Districts) is proposed to be amended to add the proposed new SP Starke Point District to the zoning districts included in the introductory paragraph of this section.
7. Section 8.04(b) (R-1 Village Residential District minimum required building setbacks) is proposed to be amended to revise subsections (1) and (2) of same pertaining to front yard and side yard building setbacks, respectively.
8. The Official Zoning Map of Arcadia Township, as made part of the Arcadia Township Zoning Ordinance pursuant to Section 3.02 (The Zoning Map) is proposed to be amended to rezone the Star-Key Point subdivision in its entirety in land sections 15 and 16 of Arcadia Township from the existing RR Resort Residential District zoning classification to the proposed new SP Star-Key Point District zoning classification.
Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Arcadia Township Clerk at the Arcadia Township Hall at any time prior to this public hearing/meeting, and may further be submitted to the Planning Commission at the public hearing/meeting.
The Arcadia Township Zoning Ordinance/Map/Master Plan, and the tentative text of the above-referenced proposed Zoning Ordinance text amendment(s), may be examined by contacting the Arcadia Township Clerk at the Township Hall during regular business hours on regular business days maintained by the Township offices from and after the publication of this Notice and until and including the day of the hearing/meeting, and may be further examined at the hearing/meeting. The Township Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed amendment(s) to the Zoning Ordinance/Map/Master Plan at or following the hearing/meeting and to make its recommendations accordingly to the Township Board.
Arcadia Township will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services at the meeting/hearing to individuals with disabilities, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audiotapes of printed materials being considered, upon reasonable notice to the
Township. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Township Clerk as designated below.
Patrice C. Wisner, Clerk
3422 Lake Street
Arcadia MI 49613
The next Arcadia Daze starts on Friday, July 25, 2014 4:00 pm and ends at 5:00 pm on Sunday, July 27, 2014.
Beautiful Arcadia Public Beach on Lake Michigan
Arcadia Township is located in Manistee County along northwest Michigan’s most scenic shoreline. The population in 2010 was 639.
Since the 1900’s the climate, tempered by the cool waters of lake Michigan, has made Arcadia a refuge for those seeking relief from the pressures and confinement of the metropolitan areas of southern Michigan and neighboring states.
Township of Arcadia Master Plan draft now available at http://www.lakestoland.org/2013/09/16/hooraya-little-light-reading/
View Larger Map